Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Yard Sale Finds!

Saturday morning, Jason and I got up at the crack ass of dawn early and went to a well-advertised yard sale near Brookhaven. Well, it started at 8 and Jason is nothing but prompt, so we were there when it started. Well, when we thought it started. There were 30 cars lining the streets and people everywhere!! Thank the Lord we got there at 8! 

Most of the designer clothes and shoes were gone but we did snag one awesome piece....a black leather, tufted storage ottoman for $60! My mom and I have been browsing for these forever, but the cheapest I could find was $100 at Ross and $140 at Target, both of which are probably cheaply made. I also found this one on Joss and Main for $239 which looks similar to ours. 

{Joss and Main}

Without further ado, here is our newest addition:



Ain't she a beaut? For 60 bones!!! I think we done good. 

Alas, that was not my only thrifty yard sale find of the day. I dragged Jason to a multi-family sale and scored these babies:


Pier One dark brown rattan place mats for $0.25 each!!!

They are on Pier One's website right now for $12.95 each. Wow. 

Other kitchsy little finds: 4 silver chargers ($0.50 each), black floor lamp for my classroom ($3), two lighter brown round place mats from Pier One (free). 

I think I found a new hobby: yard sales. Who's with me?! 

P.S. Preplanning started this week, so if my posts are a little slow coming up, that's why. Please excuse the few bumps as I get established into a new routine...I promise I won't post so late next time! 


No comments:

Post a Comment