Sunday, August 5, 2012

Classroom Chic

Tomorrow marks the first day of school and the beginning to another school year. I am more relaxed and welcoming for this new batch of kids because I really feel like I have figured out (mostly) what I need to do in order to have a successful classroom. One component of that is the classroom itself. When I moved all my stuff in at the end of May, the first words out of my mouth were, "Ewww. Gross. This room is tiny and old and small and dingy and dark. UGH!" That's my high maintenence side coming out haha. Well, I refused to come decorate it during the summer, so I had two days to get this dump classroom looking so fresh and so clean clean. With some fun colors and bright additions, this room is lookin' A LOT better.

Bright bulletin board 

Bins to keep interactive notebooks

Boards for news, student work and word wall

One corner of the room...needs help!

Grungy, old lockers with colorful name tags!

Expectations and ikat area :)

Whiteboard needs to be sectioned off for HW, books needed, etc. 

Scouty Bear, UGA and USA...what more does a girl need?! 

My chalkboard sign! It's about to change to say Ms. Miller, 
but come October it will be Mrs. Perry!!!!

Table for students that need extra help

Cheetah+ chevron...love all my fun prints! 

Need to find a picture to put on this bookshelf...

My room is definitely a work in progress, but it looks great compared to five days ago! Teacher frans, what have y'all done in your classrooms this year? Any ideas I can steal? 

4 comments: