Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Update: DIY Mercury Glass

This afternoon, I attempted DIY mercury glass again after what I thought was a failed first attempt, which you can check out here. While I don't think this time was as much of a success either, I do like the effect on the glass much better this time around. The difference? Vinegar and additional drying time. Since I am NOT a very patient person, I rushed through the last attempt and it showed.

First Attempt:


Let's check out my most recent effort and y'all let me know what you think:
Started out with a $0.71 vase from Goodwill 

Added a little spray paint, water and vinegar and viola:
It doesn't look like mercury glass that much, but I really like the seeded glass look!

Here is another version of seeded glass:
Use your imagination and the one of the left kiiinda looks like my version? Maybe? No? Okay. 

Well, anywho...I will attempt this one more time and let y'all know what happens. After that, this girl is gettin' her butt down to West Elm and buying mercury glass from now on!

Side Note:
First three days of school have gone relatively well! We've only had two fights and one stabbing (with a pencil)...no biggie. We have officially kicked off another school year! 

Happy Wednesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment