Monday, July 16, 2012

DIY Jewelry Display

Jason is always gettin' on me to do something with my jewelry since I have a tendency to scatter it all around the house. It might take me five minutes to find a pair of earrings, but I swear I have a system. Ha!


So the other day on Pinterest (where else?), I saw a DIY jewelry display and decided to make my own (what else is knew). It couldn't be that hard so I set out to collect my supplies:
Frames, cork (from Michael's), glue gun, and fabric

Two frames I already had on hand
(sorry for the upside down picture)

Cork was $12.99 but use the 40% coupon from Michael's
(I need to start up BAA- Bargain Shoppers Anonymous)

I took the back cardboard piece from the frame to trace out my cork

After I cut them out, I laid the cork flat underneath the frames to flatten them out. 
(Yes, I am doing this on my ironing board! Scouty wanted to go outside and I wanted to hang out with my girl...what's a mama to do? :)

I used an old sheet for the fabric...

...and just made sure to trace with a little extra room 
in order to glue the fabric to the cork.

Ready, set, glue!

Fold the corners like a present

Front and back of both boards ready to be gussied up!

 I cut up an old sash off a skirt...


to use as the earring holder at the bottom

Make sure to glue the bottom and mid way thru the ribbon in order to get it stay

I had some of this pink ribbon laying around, 
so I added it to the white for a little bit of sassy



Both covered corks in the frames and ready to go!

To create the display, just add some clear thumbtacks
and viola! 

You have a DIY Jewelry Display :)

Both of them together

 Would y'all ever do something like this? Any DIY projects in the works?



No comments:

Post a Comment