Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Goodwill Hunting

I started getting cabin fever during Atlanta #SnowJams2014, so I decided to venture out to Goodwill and Tuesday Morning. I LOVE a good afternoon thrifting, and these stores did not disappoint. Tuesday Morning isn't a typical "thrift" store per say, but you can find some great discounts! Check back tomorrow for my amazing finds... you will think I discovered the new Home Goods :) 

Now, for some down and dirty Goodwill thrifting, first up is this table and chair set + matching baker's rack when I walked in the store. Not so much my style, but in excellent condition and very nice piece for anyone looking for a breakfast nook. I was honestly surprised to see something like this in a Goodwill since most of the furniture is clearly used, but I guess that's the Johns Creek Goodwill for ya. 

Ornate Table and Chair Set (~$250)

Matching Baker's Rack 

Dog toy central! We always buy Scout and Gunner stuffed animals from here because they are SO much cheaper than the pet store. Our dogs rip them to shreds anyways, 
so there is no point spending a ton of money. 


This wreath was $2 and change, so rip off those flowers and make yourself a cute spring wreath :)
 Here is a link to 50 Spring Wreath Tutorials.


This small, plastic tray would be great to spray paint in another color, like metallic silver or gold.  Then use the tray as a vignette on your dresser, for your jewelry, or a catch-all for keys, mail,etc. when you walk in the door.  


Square, glitzy golden plates will make any table go from boring to glam. 
Cheap and easy for your next dinner party!


I have seen so many two-toned home accent items lately, so this bowl definitely caught my eye. You can leave it as is, or spray the bottom part white/silver/sea foam green
 to make it a little more springy. 


A pair of heavy, ornate candlesticks..sign me up! Too bad I don't have a dining room table yet, 
or these babies would have come home with me. 
You could spray these any color under the rainbow to match your decor. 


This planter DID come home with me!
For $2, I'm going to spray her poppy red and plant some spring flowers in her for my back deck. 


This herb planter was precious....nothin' needed to spruce her up! 


Ok, bear with me on this lamp/table combo guys. I could totally envision this painted a light aqua, change out the lamp shade for something chic and putting it next to my big reading chair in my sun room. Those little half circle rails on top came off really easily if you didn't want them. For $29, I was truly torn about whether or not it should come home with me. I walked away to think about it and when I went back, another couple had already grabbed it! 


I saw this large, square tray back by the picture frames and thought it would be great....you guessed it....spray painted. Then you could create a vignette on a large ottoman or use as a serving tray...love the size for only a few dollars! 


This was a smaller frame, but I loved the bamboo look!


I have a director's chair in my classroom, but I really like these bamboo ones better. Change out the fabric for another color and they could be really cute! The set of two was $28(?) dollars. 


This coffee table was in great condition! I thought about distressing it shabby chic 
and possibly putting glass-topped squares of scrapbook paper 
in each of the four corners for a personalized look. 

Last but not least were these two vases. The one on the left is a terrible color, but I liked her shape and all dolled up (aka spray painted) she could be a beaut. The blue vase, on the other hand, could totally work as is for a way to add color to any room. 

Thanks for stopping by and feel free to share any of your Goodwill finds or tips in the comments below! 


No comments:

Post a Comment